Keep the kids busy and entertained or just keep your sanity this June holidays. Make sure this list is close at hand. On the fridge may be a good idea…
You’re welcome ?
Two Oceans Aquarium Holiday Programme, Cape Town
The Two Oceans Aquarium is having a special holiday programme. Here’s what’s happening:
- Extended hours from 9 am to 6 pm.
- A special magic show for little ones
- On June 28th, it is Museum Night at the V&A Waterfront – tickets are half-price at our ticket office from 6 pm until 8:30 pm
- There will be a puppet show three times daily, at the I&J Children’s Play Centre. There will also be facilities for arts and crafts, a sand pit, kids’ books and toys
- There will be several feeding times every day.
- July we are observing Plastic Free July – We will be announcing a fantastic Ecobrick competition on our blog and social media platforms later in June.
- There are more than 200 species showcasing our country’s incredible biodiversity!
- This is an opportunity for families to learn, love and bond in a safe and clean environment 😉
When: 23 June-16 July 2018
Where: The Two Oceans Aquarium at the V&A Waterfront
More Info: The Two Oceans Aquarium activities
Gordon’s Bay Winter Lights Festival
Head up to the seaside town of Gordon’s Bay, 50 minutes from Cape Town, for their cheerful Winter Wonderland Festival of Lights, which takes place from over 2 weekends. See the small town light up as light installations and surroundings are adorned in festive lights. You’ll also be able to grab a bite and a coffee, shop at an array of market stalls and venture into the snow palace.
When: 29 June to 1 July 2018 and 6 July to 8 July 2018
More info: Facebook events
Children’s Holiday Art Classes at Soni Art Studio
Kids can explore their inner Picasso with fun and exciting holiday art and crafts for kids aged 6 to 14.
Where: 3 Soni Road, Crawford
When: June 25, 26, 27, 28, 30. July 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12
Cost: R485 for 4 lessons or R135 per lesson
Table Mountain Cableway Kidz Season
Two children under 18 ride for free with every Kidz Season adult return ticket purchase – see our current rates. This 3 for 1 offer costs only R250. This deal is for South Africans only (An SA ID is required when purchasing the Kidz Season package online or at the Cableway Ticket Office).
When: This offer runs from 27 April to 24 September 2018, 7 days a week (excluding the Cableway’s annual maintenance period 23 July – 5 August 2018).
Elements And Nature Kids Holiday Workshops
Kids holiday fun for ages 4 -9. Connecting kids back to nature with plant inspired arts and crafts, foraging and harvesting ingredients for cooking and tasting, stories, nature walks, yoga and allowing lots of time for playing. Each day we will have a different elemental theme woven through the activities. Kids will engage with the outdoors through play, food, movement and crafts, and will leave with something special that they have created during the day.
A simple and healthy meal will be served which the kids will be involved with by helping to prepare, as well as refreshments of fruit and spring water. Packed lunch boxes are encouraged for picky eaters and food intolerances.
Where: Good Hope Gardens Nursery, Cape Point
When: 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th of June, 12th and 13th of July
Time: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Cost: R300 per day
Sprinkles and Spice-Cooking Classes for kids
Bring out your kids inner chef with these cooking classes for kids with Farzana Kumandan.
When: Classes still available: July 2, 4, 9, 10
More info: 0822 633 003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Noddy is on at the Artscape