Need to feed a lot of people? Looking for a venue that serves a buffet for lunch or dinner in the Mother City? Here is a slideshow of halaal buffets and diners in Cape Town to solve all your mealtime blues.
Click on a slide to go to a review or for more information.
- 126 Cape Kitchen and Cafe. Enjoy their Curry Cup buffet every Thursday night in an upmarket setting inside the Hilton Hotel. The cost is R215 per person. They also serve a breakfast buffet.
- Sabrias, Wynberg is an upmarket spot in downtown Wynberg. They occasionally serve a buffet lunch on Sundays and every year for Eid. Please contact them for current dates and pricing. They also do a buffet for 35 people or more on order from R225 per person.
- The Village Buffet. This Buffet restaurant on Long street in Cape Town offers unlimited drinks and a wide selection of unlimited food including prawns, ribs, sushi, pizza, pasta and Indian cuisine. They do hot seating which means there is a maximum seating time of 2 hours. The buffet cost is R170 per person.
- Bo Kaap Kombuis. A cosy, homely restaurant in Bo Kaap with a great view of Table Mountain that offers regular Cape Malay style buffets for small groups or private functions.
- On the Square, Capetonian Hotel offers a daily buffet every Monday to Thursday and Sunday for lunch or supper. The Friday and Saturday buffet is bigger and priced higher. Please contact them for current prices.
- Al-hambra Restaurant based at the Islamia complex in Lansdowne they do a breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner buffet for 30 people or more on order from R180 per person.
- Lady Bee, Dehli Diner. There are 5 branches of this diner. While not exactly a fancy buffet you do have a choice of choosing your meal from a buffet style setup and then paying by weight. Good for if you’re in the area and need to grab a quick meal.
- Food Inn India, Diner. This Eastern restaurant serves a variety of Asian and Indian foods. The popular meals are from their Istanbul express selection, their curries and their Indian Thali specials.
- Eastern Food Bazaar, Diner. This eatery is located in the old Wellington Fruit Growers Building that stretches between Loop and Darling Street in Central Cape Town. It’s a bustling canteen-style eatery perfect for a quick lunch stop or a casual supper. Prices are super reasonable.
Check out this list as a video on Youtube. Subscribe to our Youtube channel. 🙂